axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Emanuel Norrbin" <>
Subject Re: Bad C++ generated by WSDL2Ws
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 18:08:43 GMT
Sorry John, that was my mistake, I am using the WSDL2Ws that is distributed with Axis C++ 1.6,
I was confusing the version numbers with the Java versioning. I can attach the wsdl that I
am using
and submit it to Jira.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: John Hawkins
  To: Apache AXIS C Developers List
  Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 3:49 AM
  Subject: Re: Bad C++ generated by WSDL2Ws

  Hello Emanuel,
  Well, I'm amazed that you're still using 1.2 - How come? I would suggest you upgrade to
1.5 and preferably 1.6 which is due out in the next week or so. If you still see the same
problem then I suggest you raise a JIRA and attach the wsdl and http request and response.
Is there any problem with doing this?

        "Emanuel Norrbin" <>
        05/12/2005 22:04 Please respond to
              "Apache AXIS C Developers List"

       To <>
              Subject Bad C++ generated by WSDL2Ws

  I am generating C++ server stubs using Axis C++ 1.2, using the java class
  org.apache.axis.wsdl.wsdl2ws.WSDL2Ws. If a web service operation has a
  vector argument (e.g. vector of string or vector of ints) the generated code
  is not correct. The generated code seems to be accepted by many compilers
  but gcc 4, correctoy, gives a compilation error (gcc 3 does not complain).

  To give an example, the code is from the *Wrapper.cpp file:

  int ActivityInfoProviderWrapper::deleteSourceFileHistory(void* pMsg)
     IMessageData* mc = (IMessageData*)pMsg;
     int nStatus;
     IWrapperSoapSerializer* pIWSSZ = NULL;
     if (!pIWSSZ) return AXIS_FAIL;
     IWrapperSoapDeSerializer* pIWSDZ = NULL;
     if (!pIWSDZ) return AXIS_FAIL;
     /* check whether we have got correct message */
     if (AXIS_SUCCESS != pIWSDZ->checkMessageBody("deleteSourceFileHistory",

     pIWSSZ->createSoapMethod("deleteSourceFileHistoryResponse", \

     xsd__string v0 = pIWSDZ->getElementAsString("user",0);
     xsd__string v1 = pIWSDZ->getElementAsString("passwrd",0);

     // This is the original code
     // xsd__long_Array v2 =
  (xsd__long_Array&)pIWSDZ->getBasicArray(XSD_LONG, "entryIDs",0);

     // This would work:
     const Axis_Array& v2ref= pIWSDZ->getBasicArray(XSD_LONG, "entryIDs",0);
     const xsd__long_Array& v2 = reinterpret_cast<const

  The line assigning to v2 does not compile on gcc 4, failing with the
  following error message:

  In member function
  int ActivityInfoProviderWrapper::deleteSourceFileHistory(void*):
  /../ActivityInfoProviderWrapper.cpp:352: error:.
  . invalid cast of an rvalue expression of type axiscpp::Axis_Array
  to type axiscpp::xsd__long_Array

  which is correct since what is assigned to the lhs is a reference to a
  temporary variable.
  My suggestion is to replace it with something like this:

     const Axis_Array& v2ref= pIWSDZ->getBasicArray(XSD_LONG, "entryIDs",0);
     const xsd__long_Array& v2 = reinterpret_cast<const

  which will work since the temporary is bound to the const reference v2ref.

  I have not seen this issue resolved in Jira or mentioned on this list.
  Should I submit it to Jira or is someone already aware of this?

  /Emanuel Norrbin

View raw message