axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Emanuel Norrbin" <Emanuel.Norr...@edgewaystech.com>
Subject Bad C++ generated by WSDL2Ws
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 22:04:14 GMT
Hi,

I am generating C++ server stubs using Axis C++ 1.2, using the java class
org.apache.axis.wsdl.wsdl2ws.WSDL2Ws. If a web service operation has a
vector argument (e.g. vector of string or vector of ints) the generated code
is not correct. The generated code seems to be accepted by many compilers
but gcc 4, correctoy, gives a compilation error (gcc 3 does not complain).

To give an example, the code is from the *Wrapper.cpp file:

int ActivityInfoProviderWrapper::deleteSourceFileHistory(void* pMsg)
{
    IMessageData* mc = (IMessageData*)pMsg;
    int nStatus;
    IWrapperSoapSerializer* pIWSSZ = NULL;
    mc->getSoapSerializer(&pIWSSZ);
    if (!pIWSSZ) return AXIS_FAIL;
    IWrapperSoapDeSerializer* pIWSDZ = NULL;
    mc->getSoapDeSerializer(&pIWSDZ);
    if (!pIWSDZ) return AXIS_FAIL;
    /* check whether we have got correct message */
    if (AXIS_SUCCESS != pIWSDZ->checkMessageBody("deleteSourceFileHistory",
"urn:com.edgeways.integration.server.implementation.webservice.activity.ActivityInfoProvider")return
AXIS_FAIL;

    pIWSSZ->createSoapMethod("deleteSourceFileHistoryResponse", \
    "urn:com.edgeways.integration.server.implementation.webservice.activity.ActivityInfoProvider");

    xsd__string v0 = pIWSDZ->getElementAsString("user",0);
    xsd__string v1 = pIWSDZ->getElementAsString("passwrd",0);

    // This is the original code
    // xsd__long_Array v2 =
(xsd__long_Array&)pIWSDZ->getBasicArray(XSD_LONG, "entryIDs",0);

    // This would work:
    const Axis_Array& v2ref= pIWSDZ->getBasicArray(XSD_LONG, "entryIDs",0);
    const xsd__long_Array& v2 = reinterpret_cast<const
xsd__long_Array&>(v2ref);
    //

(...)

The line assigning to v2 does not compile on gcc 4, failing with the
following error message:

 In member function
int ActivityInfoProviderWrapper::deleteSourceFileHistory(void*):
./../ActivityInfoProviderWrapper.cpp:352: error:.
invalid cast of an rvalue expression of type axiscpp::Axis_Array
to type axiscpp::xsd__long_Array

which is correct since what is assigned to the lhs is a reference to a
temporary variable.
My suggestion is to replace it with something like this:

    const Axis_Array& v2ref= pIWSDZ->getBasicArray(XSD_LONG, "entryIDs",0);
    const xsd__long_Array& v2 = reinterpret_cast<const
xsd__long_Array&>(v2ref);

which will work since the temporary is bound to the const reference v2ref.

I have not seen this issue resolved in Jira or mentioned on this list.
Should I submit it to Jira or is someone already aware of this?

/Emanuel Norrbin
emanuel.norrbin@edgewaystech.com