axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Axis2 versus C++
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2005 13:03:25 GMT
hi Sanjiva,

We've got customer commitments on version 1 which make it impossible for
us to help in v.2 - resources...resources...sigh .

This was the reason why I mentioned the tests. If we could see that the v2
was close to getting the complete set of tests working and was reasonably
stable then I could make a case for supporting and thus working on v2.
Otherwise, we'd just be swapping resource onto a system that was less
stable than the one we use today while still having customer commitments.
Swapping a team (and customers) from one codebase to another is
non-trivial - and as we give customer drops of code on a frequent basis
it'd be very hard to justify adding this level of instability to us or our
customers . I'm sure you understand how it works :-)

Do you think that v2 is going to be able to support ws-* standards easily
- what are your plans ? It'd be good to find a migration path so we can
plan  ahead.
I don't see the plans for v2 being discussed in this list - where do you
guys do this?

John.

Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@opensource.lk>
06/11/2005 16:59
Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C Developers List"

Apache AXIS C Developers List <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Axis2 versus C++

Hi John,

Any chance of some of the IBM Axis/C++ folks helping with Axis2/C?

Absolute +1 for sharing the test suite (and anything else that can be
shared!).

Sanjiva.