axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: AW: wsdl2ws strange warnings and results
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 13:42:28 GMT
Hi,

can you give me more context on where this element is please. We can't see
why this as it stands would fail. Can you give us the complete wsdl - or
at least the snippet that contains where it is.

"Franz Fehringer" <feh@isogmbh.de>
10/11/2005 09:33

John Hawkins/UK/IBM@IBMGB, "Apache AXIS C Developers List"
<axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>
cc

Subject
AW: wsdl2ws strange warnings and results

Hello John,

The problem is that wsdl2ws cannot cope with element tags without type
attributes.
So instead of

  <xsd:element name="ErrorResponse">
    <xsd:annotation>
      <xsd:documentation>Describes any errors that occur during system
operation.</xsd:documentation>
    </xsd:annotation>
    <xsd:complexType>
      <xsd:sequence>
        <xsd:element name="Error" type="t_Error" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
      </xsd:sequence>
    </xsd:complexType>
  </xsd:element>

i have to write

 <xsd:element name="ErrorResponse" type="t_ErrorResponse">
  <xsd:annotation>
   <xsd:documentation>Describes any errors that occur during system
operation.</xsd:documentation>
  </xsd:annotation>
 </xsd:element>

with an appropriate type definition of t_ErrorResponse.
wsdl2java does not suffer from this problem, but in this special case
generates Java code with invalid throw declarations
(the throw declaration says that a t_Error[] can be thrown which doesn't
compile because arrays are not Throwables).

regards

Franz
-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----