axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Franz Fehringer" <...@isogmbh.de>
Subject AW: wsdl2ws strange warnings and results
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 09:33:09 GMT
Hello John,

The problem is that wsdl2ws cannot cope with element tags without type
attributes.
So instead of

  <xsd:element name="ErrorResponse">
    <xsd:annotation>
      <xsd:documentation>Describes any errors that occur during system
operation.</xsd:documentation>
    </xsd:annotation>
    <xsd:complexType>
      <xsd:sequence>
        <xsd:element name="Error" type="t_Error" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
      </xsd:sequence>
    </xsd:complexType>
  </xsd:element>

i have to write

 <xsd:element name="ErrorResponse" type="t_ErrorResponse">
  <xsd:annotation>
   <xsd:documentation>Describes any errors that occur during system
operation.</xsd:documentation>
  </xsd:annotation>
 </xsd:element>

with an appropriate type definition of t_ErrorResponse.
wsdl2java does not suffer from this problem, but in this special case
generates Java code with invalid throw declarations
(the throw declaration says that a t_Error[] can be thrown which doesn't
compile because arrays are not Throwables).

regards

Franz