axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Fred Preston <PREST...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: HTTPTransport
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2005 15:17:29 GMT
Hi Chris,
        The Transport uses HTTPChannel which actually does all the
communication work of opening, sending/receiving and closing the socket.
The Transport layer is supposed to be removed/abstracted from the actual
physical acts of opening a socket, etc. and is only responsible for
managing these acts.  Depending on the action, you will see that the
amount of interaction differs.  In reality, it is more tightly bound to a
http sort of transport, so it should be renamed HTTPTransport, but that's
another matter!

Regards,

Fred Preston.

"Christopher S. Johnson" <johnsocs@clarkson.edu>
26/10/2005 14:47
Please respond to "Apache AXIS C Developers List"