axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <>
Subject [Axis2] Fixing memory leaks
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2005 01:43:43 GMT
Hi All,
    There are few more memory leaks present in the axis2 C code.
(Guththila leaks should be handled seperate IMO)
    I would like to propose that we use the unit tests to isolate memory
leak problems as much as possible and fix those then and there. I would
like the allocation and de-allocation to be local to a given
class(struct) and module. We should always be providing a free interface
that matches a create interface for each struct, and the free mechanism
should be responsible of dealing with all deallocations. If we are to
have too much coupling in terms of memory allocation and deallocation
across modules and structs, we would run into great trouble in dealing
with fixing leaks.

    IMHO, it will be a good practice to be concerned of memory leaks
right from the begining and leave no room for memory leaks as much as
possible. So lets try ro keep the memory leaks to *zero* :)

View raw message