axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Fremantle <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Axis2 architecture implementation in C
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2005 07:38:27 GMT
Lilantha

We had a number of people who had problems with C++. My view is that
although C++ offers a nice OO view, it also has a number of drawbacks -
including more complex memory management model (especially when mixing with
C), lack of a completely standard libraries on EVERY platform, compiler
issues, etc.

C on the other hand is incredibly portable. And once the core model (AXIOM)
is done in C, then the benefit of OO in building the handlers and SOAP
processing model seems to me much less.

I vote with Sanjiva - I think its much easier to add C++ APIs onto a C core
than the other way around.

Paul