axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Damitha Kumarage <damith...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Coding Style for Axis2/C
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2005 05:15:54 GMT
Hi,
Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:

> Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 2005-09-28 at 21:44 -0600, Lilantha Darshana wrote:
>>

>>> IMHO, I would suggest prefixing all names with 'axis2c' makes difficult
>>> to read names. It should be easy to read and find names by their
>>> own. Sometime
>>> searching names by enabling "find whole word only" makes difficult on
>>> having these prefixes. Since we know these code are from axis2c we
>>> might
>>> want to drop the prefix, if you do not have a strong reason to use it.
>>>

>> Going back to my old C programming days, it is absolutely critical to
>> prefix all names with a unique constant .. the pain of link errors is
>> simply not worth it.
>>
>> I'd suggest s/axis2c/axis2/g though.
>>

> Yes, the obvious rationale for the prefix was the namespace conflicts,
> again going along with Axis C++ experiance, where at one point we
> really had to go back and introduce namespaces.
>
> I am OK to change axis2c to axis2 :)

Remember we have named our files also with axis2c prefix like in
axis2c_om_container.h.
So I think keeping all names with prefix axis2c is ok to be consistent
with file names as well.
Changing files names is not a good idea because I think what we gain is
not worth the effort(again
checkin to svn repo with different name)

cheers
damitha