axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject RE: [Axis2] Coding Style for Axis2/C
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2005 04:07:42 GMT
On Wed, 2005-09-28 at 21:44 -0600, Lilantha Darshana wrote:
> IMHO, I would suggest prefixing all names with 'axis2c' makes difficult
> to read names.
> It should be easy to read and find names by their own. Sometime
> searching names by enabling "find whole word only" makes difficult on
> having these prefixes. Since we know these code are from axis2c we might
> want to drop the prefix, if you do not have a strong reason to use it.

Going back to my old C programming days, it is absolutely critical to
prefix all names with a unique constant .. the pain of link errors is
simply not worth it.

I'd suggest s/axis2c/axis2/g though.

> Further of using underscores ('_') with often used names needing us
> typing two keys in key board very often :-).

Yeah but again its a reasonably widely used model. The other option is
of course almost Java-like CamelCase: Axis2cFoo Axis2cBar etc..

Sanjiva.