axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <>
Subject Re: Elimination of the need for SOAP Action
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 08:17:32 GMT
Thanks Adrian for your feedback.

I will start to work on this and hope to find a solution towards the
end of the week.

BTW, if the request tag name is the same as the operation name, the
server works fine with the fix that I did yesterday. Which means, I
already have dropped the need for SOAP Action. But I must resolve this
bug before we could call it done.

On 8/3/05, Adrian Dick <> wrote:
> Samisa,
> +1   Keeping a mapping between service/operation and request/response tags
> sounds good to me.   In addition to Axis Java, I believe this is the
> solution for a number of other server implementations in the market place.
> Once this final change is made we need to ensure we have couple of
> testcases in which the WSDL contains NO soap action, or "garbage" soap
> action. As I believe all our WSDLs currently contain a SOAP action in the
> form previously required by our server.
> Adrian
> _______________________________________
> Adrian Dick (
> "Samisa Abeysinghe" <> wrote on 03/08/2005 05:24:42:
> > Hi All,
> >    I was able to come up with a quick fix to drop the SOAP Action
> > usage on the server side.
> >
> >    However, this morning, testing with the server, I realized that
> > there is a problem in the fix provided. When picking the operation to
> > invoke based on the request SOAP message, it is possible that the SOAP
> > request element name to be different from the operation name. (In other
> > words the input message element name and the operation name can differ
> > in the WSDL)
> >
> >    Looking into the generated Java code for WSDLs, it looks that in
> > Java, the wsdd keeps track of Request and Response element names and map
> > that to the operation name.
> >    We only have the allowed operation name list as of now in our
> > WSDD. What I propose is that we also include the request, response tag
> > name mapping against the operation name in WSDD and we can auto generate
> > this stuff from WSSL tool.
> >
> > Any thoughts on this are welcome.
> >
> > Until this is fixed, we will have some tests failing with C++ server
> > side.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Samisa...

View raw message