axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Samisa Abeysinghe" <SAbeysin...@virtusa.com>
Subject Elimination of the need for SOAP Action
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 04:24:42 GMT
Hi All,
	I was able to come up with a quick fix to drop the SOAP Action
usage on the server side.

	However, this morning, testing with the server, I realized that
there is a problem in the fix provided. When picking the operation to
invoke based on the request SOAP message, it is possible that the SOAP
request element name to be different from the operation name. (In other
words the input message element name and the operation name can differ
in the WSDL)

	Looking into the generated Java code for WSDLs, it looks that in
Java, the wsdd keeps track of Request and Response element names and map
that to the operation name.
	We only have the allowed operation name list as of now in our
WSDD. What I propose is that we also include the request, response tag
name mapping against the operation name in WSDD and we can auto generate
this stuff from WSSL tool.

Any thoughts on this are welcome.

Until this is fixed, we will have some tests failing with C++ server
side.

Thanks,
Samisa...