axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Fred Preston <PREST...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: how to set a timeout - update
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2005 09:33:35 GMT
Hi Krishna,
        The IterationCountdown in the HTTPTransport::getBytes() method is
not a timeout, but is used to catch a potential deadlock situation where
the client is waiting for a response message from the server and the
server either never or only partially responds.  The timeout for the
socket is set by HTTPTransport::setTimeout( long lSeconds).  The default
channel timeout is 10 seconds.  To change the timeout you have to be able
to call the setTimeout method.  You cannot do this directly from the
client application because it does not have access to the transport layer.
 You can however change the timeout at the generated stub level.  The best
time to change the timeout is before the invoke, i.e.

In the stub code for the web service method, change:
:
if (AXIS_SUCCESS == m_pCall->invoke())
{
:

To:
:
m_pCall->getTransport()->setTimeout( 30); // Change the socket timeout to
30 seconds
if (AXIS_SUCCESS == m_pCall->invoke())
{
:

Regards,

Fred Preston.

krishna <krishna@lac.uic.edu>
07/07/2005 01:24 AM
Please respond to "Apache AXIS C Developers List"