axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Nadir Amra <a...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: how to set a timeout - update
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2005 14:08:33 GMT
I have always had a problem with the iteration counter.  I mean, the
server may be slow to respond or there could be some network glitches.  I
think for TCP/IP connections we should always set the keep-alive flag on
to ensure that if the server goes down the engine will know about, and
remove the iteration counter.  Yes, their is potential that the client
will wait indefinately, but I think that is better than returning an error
when there really is no error.

At the very least we should set keep-alive flag in the socket.

What do you all think?

Nadir K. Amra

<axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>