axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Blecken" <>
Subject RE: RE: Carsten: please help
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 01:26:58 GMT
Comments inline.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Whitlock []
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2005 7:29 AM
Subject: Fw: RE: Carsten: please help

Hi Carsten,
There are several problems happening here...
1) AxisBench and ComplexLists fails
2) The problems Dushshantha is seeing on the server
3) Users will have to change their applications to new storage pointed at
by input complex types, so the complex type's destructor can delete it.
Previously users will either have used a local variable or new'ed and
deleted the storage.

CB : Isn't this totally contained in the stub? And isn't this contained
to Complex Arrays?

I agree with the direction that your fix is going in. To make it work,
constructors and set methods on complex types should make a deep copy of
the data, so that the storage is owned by the complex type and the complex
type's destructor can delete it. If we do this on complex types, then it
also needs to be done on arrays, AnyType, base64Binary, hexBinary,
nillable, etc. This is part of the problem that AXISCPP-149 is addressing
(which various people have tried to fix without any success including

Reluctantly I propose that I back out your fix from BeanParamWriter until
AxisBench and ComplexLists work with your fix. Unless I hear from you
otherwise, I will do this first thing tomorrow morning.

CB : I understand your sentiment and leave that up to you. Leaks are lower
priority than a working code and correct data. I just think
that fixing this is important and backing out again here (we've done
this before) will not make it easier.

Mark Whitlock

----- Forwarded by Mark Whitlock/UK/IBM on 07/07/2005 14:07 -----
             "Carsten Blecken"
                                       "Apache AXIS C Developers List"
             07/07/2005 03:05          <>
              "Apache AXIS C           RE: Carsten: please help
             Developers List"

Hi Mark,

this is a tough one (but we need the destructors working).
I'll see how far I get. Thanks for looking at it.