axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Din%$h <>
Subject Re: Moving Guththila to Axis C++ src tree
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2005 03:54:36 GMT
Hi All,

On 6/27/05, Samisa Abeysinghe <> wrote:
> " where we tried to reuse code from expat"
Does this mean that we have a dependency on Expat in Guththila? Please
> clarify.
> (FYI: One of the reasons that we decided to go ahead with Xerces and
> drop Expat was that Xerces was Apache license)

No , It doesn't have any dependency on Expat or Xerces. "Guththila" is
independent implementation.

Earlier we tried to use expat for implement encoding support ( reusing expat
code). but it was not successful. (as I know txpp used expat code). Then I
implemented encoding support independently.

By the way I assume that "Guththila" is the name for pull parser
> implementation. :-)

yes, It is :-)

> Samisa...

W.Dinesh Premalal