axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <>
Subject Re: SOAP 1.2 support
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:43:59 GMT
BTW i forgot to mention few more details.
A brief look into WSDL SOAP binding specs reveals to me that WSDL 1.1
has support for SOAP 1.1 and WSDL 2.0 taks about SOAP 1.2.

Hence SOAP verions support cannot be attributed to WSDL - we cannot
pick it from WSDL.
Rahter, the user has to decide, hopefully at client level what SOAP
version to use and the engine that provides the service has to support
that perticular SOAP version (or else would get a SOAP fault)

On 6/30/05, Samisa Abeysinghe <> wrote:
> Hi all,
>     As I mentioned in an earlier email, we have SOAP 1.1 verion
> hardcoded in generated code.
>     This also means that we have been always using SOAP 1.1 and never
> tested SOAP 1.2 code. (Correct me if I am wrong)
>     I propose that we provide and an API at Stub level to set the SOAP
> version. (e.g. Stub::setSOAPVersion() ). Then like we do for the SOAP
> action in the generetd code, the generated code would not set the SOAP
> version  if it is laready set. Else it would set that to the default
> of SOAP 1.1 9which is the de-facto hard coded default that we have as
> of now.
>     Value your thougts on this.
> Thanks,
> Samisa...