axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Lilantha Darshana" <Lilantha.Darsh...@Siebel.com>
Subject RE: Moving Guththila to Axis C++ src tree
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 06:16:45 GMT
If we have a successful impl. at hand we should move this in and replace
existing
and then we improve it.

I'm not sure there are many uses of either **/xml/tspp/ and **/xml/txpp/
for the
time being if I'm not mistaken?? Could any one let me know if we have
any release
level tests that uses **/xml/tspp/ and **/xml/txpp/?

Would it be possible to do some XML 1.0 compliancy & performance check
before we decide? If you would able to make it against xerces/sax/expat
and JSR 173 -
http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr173/index.html
It would be great.

Where can we see the currently impl code?

Thanks
-Lilantha

-----Original Message-----
From: Dasarath Weeratunge [mailto:dasarath@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2005 12:34 PM
To: axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Moving Guththila to Axis C++ src tree

Hi,

How about moving Guththila code into the Axis C++ src tree?

Dinesh is trying to implement XMLParser interface in XMLParser.h for
Guththila. At the moment the code that we have in the src tree
**/xml/tspp/ and **/xml/txpp/ are both old versions of Guththila
written by Susantha, Damitha and my self.

Dinesh's code cannot be integrated with either one of these since its a
different fork of tspp altogether.

What I propose therefore is that we take off this code and substitute
Dinesh's code in their place. We can create a new subdirectory
`guththila'
at the same level as `xerces' and `expat' under **/xml/ and delete
old subdirectories `tspp' and `txpp'.

Dinesh's code builds on tspp code and implements a full StAX parser
with the exception of DTD's and a few other constructs rarely used in
Soap processing. It also supports character encoding schemes and comes
with a set of test cases. The encoding related code in the new code base
has
been completely rewritten unlike earlier (see **/xml/txpp/) where we
tried
to reuse code from expat. We also improved the tokenizing code and API
to be in
line with StAX.

IMHO cleaning up the src tree would make life easier for us who are
working on Guththila since then we can directly commit our code to the
CVS.

Regards,
--dasarath

Siebel
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE CUSTOMER
Visit www.siebel.com

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contains confidential
and/or privileged information belonging to Siebel Systems, Inc. or its customers or partners.
Any unauthorized review, use, copying, disclosure or distribution of this message is strictly
prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please contact the sender
by reply e-mail and destroy all soft and hard copies of the message and any attachments. Thank
you for your cooperation.