axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Samisa Abeysinghe" <SAbeysin...@virtusa.com>
Subject RE: Memory leaks
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2005 02:46:53 GMT
Hi Carsten,
            I too was having a look into the memory leaks last Friday
and noticed considerable amounts of memory leaks.
            I was using the base sample and noticed as the memory
management model has changed, there were many leaks in the main program
code (that is user written code).
            Not sure if your generated code level fixes that you have
done would look after those as well.

            Please check in the code, and then I can have a secondary
look.
Thanks,
Samisa...

-----Original Message-----
From: Carsten Blecken [mailto:cblecken@macrovision.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 3:35 AM
To: axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Memory leaks

Hi,
as we all know there are memory leaks in the current code
base(AXISCPP-674).
 I had to manually change the stubs in order to get a memory leak free
application.
I would like to add the memory changes I needed to the WSDL stub
generator code base (doc-lit, C++).
The approach for memory deallocation suggested in various places in the
code (in comments) is to free the memory of primitive types right away
in the
stub and to free pointer types and complex type in the destructor (after
the client
has used them). This is the approach I followed.
If I don't hear anything to the contrary I'll checkin the fixes in the
next couple of days.
Thanks,
Carsten