axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Samisa Abeysinghe" <SAbeysin...@virtusa.com>
Subject RE: Samisa: TestSoapHeaderBlock fixed
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 12:22:41 GMT
Hi Mark,
	I am looking into this.
	I will get back to you soon.
Thanks,
Samisa...

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Whitlock [mailto:mark_whitlock@uk.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, June 24, 2005 6:05 PM
To: axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Samisa: TestSoapHeaderBlock fixed

Hi Samisa,
I have fixed TestSoapHeaderBlock (and other similar tests) which were
failing when the test added header blocks, invoked the web service,
deleted
the header blocks, invoked the web service again and the soap message
produced contained a soap header begin and end tag, with no header
blocks
in it. I think this was due to SoapSerializer::reset clearing the
HeaderBlocks but not deleting the SoapHeader itself. I've fixed this by
making SoapHeader::serialize return immediately if there are no
HeaderBlocks to serialize.

I mention this because I know this was an area that you were involved
with
a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure whether my fix is correct and I
would
like to discuss it.

SoapSerializer::reset clears only the HeaderBlocks, leaving any
attributes
or namespaces on the SoapHeader alone. I tried removing
SoapHeader::addAttribute and SoapHeader::addNamespaceDecl and Axis C++
built successfully. So no one sets attributes or namespaces on the
SoapHeader. So there is code here that is never executed.

Are Attributes and Namespaces on SoapHeader redundant, or should the
methods to add them be externalised?
Mark
Mark Whitlock
IBM