axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Samisa Abeysinghe" <SAbeysin...@virtusa.com>
Subject RE: SOAP 1.1 hardcoded in code generator
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2005 03:41:11 GMT
Hi Adrian,
	Nice to hear that you are working on SOAP 1.2 Faults

	I think, as a quick fix, we could remove the hard coding in the
generated code and add an API to Stub class to let the user set a SOAP
version (and default to SOAP 1.1 if no version was set).
	This will help you test for SOAP 1.2 with the stubs.

	Do you think it is a good idea to have a SOAP version setting
API at stub level?

Thanks,
Samisa...

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Dick [mailto:adrian.dick@uk.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, June 20, 2005 8:40 PM
To: Apache AXIS C Developers List
Subject: Re: SOAP 1.1 hardcoded in code generator

Hi,

In the coming weeks I am planning on undertaking the work to implement
SOAP
1.2 Faults (see
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-c-dev&m=111640463326474&w=2 for
proposed design), and this will necessarily require that various other
SOAP
1.2 aspects be correctly enabled.

Based on my investigations into the existing Fault model, I expect there
are several other places we'll see problems with support SOAP 1.2,
including the removal of SoapAction, which we currently use for handlers
and on the server side.

So, perhaps it is just as well the generated stubs are forced to SOAP
1.1
at the moment.    :-)

Adrian
_______________________________________
Adrian Dick (adrian.dick@uk.ibm.com)

Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa.abeysinghe@gmail.com> wrote on 20/06/2005
10:58:06:

*phb=ws.createSOAPHeaderBlock("TestHeader","http://axis.com");
> IAttribute *attr=phb->createStdAttribute(ROLE_NEXT,SOAP_VER_1_2);
>
> However, searching for setSOAPVersion in WSDL tool, I get see that
> SOAP_VER_1_1 is always hardcoded into the generated codde. The version
> setting is called in each and every method invocation on the stub, so
> even if we set it at stub level, it is overidden by the generated
> code. Actually, at the moment we do not have an API to select between
> soap versions at stub level.
>
> So simply speaking, we only support SOAP 1.1 :-(
>
> Here is the WSDL tool segments where we set SOAP versions:
> src/wsdl/org/apache/axis/wsdl/wsdl2ws/c/ClientStubWriter.java:
>    "\tpCall->_functions->setSOAPVersion(pCall->_object,
> SOAP_VER_1_1);\n");

src/wsdl/org/apache/axis/wsdl/wsdl2ws/cpp/literal/ClientStubWriter.java: