axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <>
Subject Re: Downloading from CVS
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2005 17:27:33 GMT
Just a thought ... try instead of localhost on the server side of
your PuTTY tunnel.  I think openssh is (for whatever reason, now)
considering localhost to go to an IPv6 address/port that isn't being
listened on & it isn't gracefully falling back to

Making this change allowed my PuTTY tunnel (to Qpopper) to start working

----- Original Message -----
From: "Fred Preston" <>
To: <>
Cc: <>
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2005 3:31 AM
Subject: Fw: Downloading from CVS

Hi Apache infrastructure,
        I can use putty to logon to minotaur using my user id and
password.  I am using the SSH tunnel ( localhost:2401). I have my CVSROOT
setup as :pserver:prestonf@localhost:2401:/home/cvs.  When I use WinCVS to
checkout the latest ws-axis/c or just type "cvs -d
:pserver:prestonf@localhost:2401:/home/cvs -P ws-axis/c" from the command
line, I get the following error:- "cvs (checkout aborted): Error reading
from server localhost: -1: Unknown error".  For over a year and up until
yesterday, this command has never failed.  Now it always failed.  Has
something changed on minotaur that would cause this problem?

Fred Preston.

----- Forwarded by Fred Preston/UK/IBM on 06/29/2005 10:19 AM -----

"Dushshantha Chandradasa" <>
06/29/2005 03:35 AM
Please respond to "Apache AXIS C Developers List"