axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Whitlock <mark_whitl...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Fw: Platform abstraction layer thoughts
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 10:46:35 GMT

Nadir,
+1 to make the platform abstraction layer a separate library.

I assume all our current libraries (client, transport, channel, etc) will
be linked with the platform abstraction library. In which case, I propose
moving trace into the platform abstraction library as well since all
libraries need it. Currently trace entrypoints are called by address from
the transport, channel, etc libraries, since these libraries are not linked
with AxisClient. This makes for horrible code which would be greatly
simplified by moving trace into the new platform abstraction library.
Mark
Mark Whitlock
IBM

----- Forwarded by Mark Whitlock/UK/IBM on 24/05/2005 11:35 -----

             Nadir Amra
             <amra@us.ibm.com>
             23/05/2005 20:19          "Apache AXIS C Developers List"
                                       <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>
                                                                        cc
             Please respond to
              "Apache AXIS C                                       Subject
             Developers List"          Re: Fw: Platform abstraction layer
                                       thoughts

Mark,

I prefer that the platform abstraction layer is in a seperate library. Any
small functions, when it makes sense, can always be defined as inlined,
no?

Nadir K. Amra