axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Whitlock <mark_whitl...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Attachments in WS-I
Date Fri, 20 May 2005 15:58:52 GMT

I propose to add in support to wsdl2ws to allow mime bindings in the wsdl
binding so that attachments are described by the wsdl. Attachments are
passed to the client as a parameter on the web service itself.

This is required by WS-I
http://www.ws-i.org/Profiles/AttachmentsProfile-1.0-2004-08-24.html which
says in section 3.4 "Message with no attachments" "R2902 A SENDER MUST NOT
send a message using SOAP with Attachments if the corresponding wsdl:input
or wsdl:output element in the wsdl:binding does not specify the WSDL MIME
Binding" and then gives a doc-literal example in section 4.4 "Referencing
Attachments from the SOAP Envelope". If the attachment is an element in the
wsdl message, then I propose Axis C++ should represent it as a parameter on
the generated Stub web service invocation.

Comments?
Mark
Mark Whitlock
IBM