axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Clary <>
Subject Web service DLL including class derived from SoapFaultException f ails to load
Date Mon, 16 May 2005 14:53:49 GMT

Background: Working in Windows XP, VC 6.0 build environment.  Using Axis 1.5

I have successfully built a client dll, and configured SimpleAxisServer to
use it as a web service.  However, when SimpleAxisServer tries to load my
DLL to service the request, the LoadLibrary fails, and GetLastError()
returns 127, "The specified procedure could not be found."  To get a better
diagnostic, I modified the SimpleAxisServer code to call SetErrorMode(0) and
then directly try to load my dll.  (That causes Windows to throw up a dialog
when LoadLibrary fails.)  The dialog message on the failure was "The
procedure entry point ??0SoapFaultException@axiscpp@@QAE@ABV01@@Z could not
be located in the dynamic link library AxisServer.dll."

I inspected AxisServer.dll with a freeware DLL viewer and found the
SoapFaultException entry point as just described.

I compared my code with the sample web services, such as calculator.dll,
which work on my system.  Unlike all the examples, my code includes a class
that derives from SoapFaultException, as listed here:

class PinException : public SoapFaultException
	xsd__int errorCode;
	xsd__string message;
	virtual ~PinException() throw();

Does anyone have any insight for me?

Does anyone have a full set of working VC 6.0 projects to build AxisCPP from
source?  I am hacking them together as needed, but am a rank newcomer to
Axis, and could use all the help I can get.

One more thing.  The JIRA bug AXISCPP-237 has a comment at the bottom that
mentions a memory deallocation error that happens whenever an
AxisEngineException constructed with a non-allocated message is thrown.
This happens in Windows whenever LoadLibrary fails, and could cause a
Windows program to crash.  Should that be opened as a new bug?

Thanks for your time,

View raw message