axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Samisa Abeysinghe" <SAbeysin...@virtusa.com>
Subject RE: 1.6 release
Date Fri, 20 May 2005 03:20:51 GMT
The reason for proposing a beta was that, with 1.5, after the release,
we got so many users complaining about things such as simple axis server
not working. The real problem was in the docs though.

I was thinking if we have a beta, we would be able to identify such
problems before the final. I am not sure how much the users would try a
beta though.
If the users do not try the beta, then the effort would be wasted.

Thanks,
Samisa...

-----Original Message-----
From: John Hawkins [mailto:HAWKINSJ@uk.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2005 4:30 PM
To: Apache AXIS C Developers List
Subject: Re: 1.6 release

is it worth doing an alpha? I don't think so personally.

Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa.abeysinghe@gmail.com>
19/05/2005 10:57
Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C Developers List"
Apache AXIS C Developers List <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: 1.6 release

I am OK with these dates. We have three months to September - looking
at the number of new features being implemented into 1.6, would it be
a good idea to have a 1.6 beta in mid August?

Thanks,
Samisa...