axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Samisa Abeysinghe" <SAbeysin...@virtusa.com>
Subject RE: OS and compiler compatibilites
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 03:53:39 GMT
Hi John,
            We run our test server on windows 2003 server and VC++ 6.
(So only the OS differes). In addition, we develop on Win XP machines
with VC6.
            We have never tried VC7.

            Linux: We have Fedora core 2 system with gcc version 3.3.3

Thanks,
Samisa...

-----Original Message-----
From: John Hawkins [mailto:HAWKINSJ@uk.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 2:40 PM
To: axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: OS and compiler compatibilites

Hi Folks,

Does any one have any information on what OS's and compilers on those
OS's are upwards compatibile? i.e. if I build using compiler level 'a'
what newer levels of compiler and Os can I build and run my app on?

If you could give me any information on what you are running AXISCPP on
would help i.e. if you are taking a nightly build then you are taking a
build from a win 2003 box running msvc 6.0 - have you got it running
clients built on different OS levels/compilers (we now it runs on winXP
and win2000 using the same compiler anyone tried building their app
using a diff compiler for instance) ?

any help is gratefully appreciated !

thanks,
John.