axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Samisa Abeysinghe" <SAbeysin...@virtusa.com>
Subject RE: New client configuration API
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 02:19:21 GMT
+1. Excellent design

BTW, what is the rationale for "the engine can only be configured once
per process"?

Also, in addition to the current settings supported by the conf file,
there has been some Jira issues raised for setting proxy,
username/password etc. in the conf file, so hopefully they too will be
supported by AxisCPP_Configuration

Also it looks to me as if "AxisCPP_Configuration" is designed for client
side - what about the server side? Could server side use the same? (I
think we could possibly extend it - may be we should have a class
hierarchy here, where the base would have common conf items and derived
ounces have server/client specific stuff. E.g. XML parser setting is
common, HTTP channel is not)

     AxisCPPConfiguration

                                            / \
                                          /     \
AxisCPPClientConfiguration          AxisCPPServerConfiguration

Thanks,
Samisa...