axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: STDIO in apache mod
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2005 08:04:31 GMT
I haven't got the client transport built !! I'll try it with that later on
in the wk.

Hmm, stupid of me but what the heck do I need the client for? Is there a
JIRA for this?

Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa.abeysinghe@gmail.com>
25/04/2005 06:08
Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C Developers List"

Apache AXIS C Developers List <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: STDIO in apache mod

> Firstly - has any one got the module workiing on windows?

Yes it is working on Windows XP machine as well as on the test setup
with Windows 2003 server machine.

If you are facing problems the best is to run apache indebug mode
(Apache -X) and watch for the output.
Please note that the client transport is also required tobe on the
path for the server to run on Windows (Yes there is a problem here)

> Secondly - can some tell me, if I put stdio into the module (for debug)
> where does it come out?

If you have stdouts, if you run apache in debug mode (using Apache -X)
then the output will appear on the console. If apache is not started
with -X you will not see any stdouts

The common problems the server would fail to work are:
1. Trying to run apache with a new module and old Axis DLLs (or vice
versa)
2. Clint transport dll not being on the path (All axis cpp dlls should
be on path)
3. Apache not being able to locate the xerces dll (need to have this on
path)
4. axiscpp.conf not on %AXISCPP_DEPLOY% folder (note that it is on
linux that you have to have the conf file in etc folder - I would like
this to be the same on both platforms)
5. server.wsdd not at the location as specified in axiscpp.conf.
6. the service dlls not loated at the location specified by server.wsdd

when verifying the server deployment first verify that apache works
http://localhost/
then verify that axis works with http://localhost/axis/ (note that the
url http://localhost/axis with the trailing '/' missing does not
work.)

If apache works and axis url does not work, often the problems are
likely to be 5 and/or 6
If apache fails to work, then one of the problems 1 to 4 are likely
and apache cannot load the module.

HTH.

Thanks,
Samisa...