axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Dushshantha Chandradasa" <dchandrad...@virtusa.com>
Subject RE: server help pls
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2005 09:06:34 GMT
Hi john,

We faced the same problem some time back. Still we cannot run Apache
through the services.xml ANT script.

Apache looks for some dlls that are generated when building the Axis C++
CVS which are placed by the ws-axis\c\build\build.xml ant script in
..\obj\bin folder. The following verbose mode says that Axis\lib folder
is in your system path. But we don't have all the required dlls in this
folder.

Please try to run apache again after setting the path to ..\obj\bin as
well. We got rid of the problem by doing this.

Regards,

Dushshantha.

________________________________

From: John Hawkins [mailto:HAWKINSJ@uk.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2005 2:17 PM
To: axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: server help pls

Hi Folks,

Trying to run the services on Apache through the test framework but
Apache is refusing to start.
This is the ANT in verbose mode

[exec] Current OS is Windows XP
     [exec] Setting environment variable: AXISCPP_DEPLOY=C:\Documents
and Settings\Administrator\My
Documents\projects\CWSS\code\Build\src\ws-axis\c\..\..\..\Axis
     [exec] Setting environment variable:
PATH=<...edited....>;C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My
Documents\projects\CWSS\code\Build\src\ws-axis\c\..\..\..\Axis\lib
     [exec] Executing 'c:\progra~1\apache group\apache2\bin\apache' with
arguments:
     [exec] '-k'
     [exec] 'start'

I've put the following lines in apache config file -
LoadModule axis_module modules/mod_axis2.dll

<Location /axis>
SetHandler axis
</Location>

I've also put the mod_axis2.dll into the modules/ directory

the result is that apache is refusing to start and is giving two errors
-

Event viewer shows me these (in order)

"The Apache service named  reported the following error:
>>> Syntax error on line 173 of C:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:     ."

This line is where I've put the loadmodule line

AND then

The Apache service named  reported the following error:
>>> Cannot load C:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache2/modules/mod_axis2.dll into server: The specified module
could not be found.     .

I also see the above when I run apache ina batch script so this is not
an ANT thing.

This is apache 2 btw.

What am I doing wrong?

thanks,