axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <hawki...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: backing up customised ant configuration
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2005 13:42:10 GMT
+1 for using the current property based system where we can

Adrian Dick/UK/IBM@IBMGB
29/03/2005 14:26
Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C Developers List"

"Apache AXIS C Developers List" <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: backing up customised ant configuration

Hi,

This all sounds good.

I have few comments below on things that can be done for client-side
testing which can help avoid this problem.  I haven't (yet) tried the
server-side testing, so am uncertain if it can do the same.

Regards,
Adrian
_______________________________________
Adrian Dick (adrian.dick@uk.ibm.com)

"sanjaya singharage" <sanjayas@opensource.lk> wrote on 29/03/2005
13:38:19:

> A small ant script backupconf.xml is now created so that testers can
back-up
> and restore locally modified ant configurations. The targets are backup
and
> restore.
>
> What is backed up is...
> 1. the server.wsdd.PLATFORM for the ant service framework
Are these not generated "on-the-fly" by the ant framework? As is done when
testing client-side handlers.

> 2. build.PLATFORM.properties
An alternative is to use -Ddir.properties=<my dir with my version of
build.PLATFORM.properties>

> 3. The client side test XMLs
You can specify -Dtest.list=<location my test.list file> which is simply a
test file with an entry for each desired <test>.xml to be used, instead of
having to delete those you're currently not interested in.

> 4. The services XMLs
Perhaps a similar system could be used here as in step 3.