axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From James Jose <jamej...@in.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Fw: Regarding addAnyObject and getAnyObject
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:09:52 GMT
Mark,

   I tried the way you said and getting the SOAP Fault.

try {
      Call::invoke
      Call::checkMessage      // steps over the message name
} catch (AxisException e) {
     //Call::checkFault  // steps over the fault code, actor, etc
      Call::getAnyObject

<soapenv:Fault><faultcode
xmlns="">Server.generalException</faultcode><faultstring
xmlns="">java.lang.ArithmeticException: / by zero</faultstring><detail
xmlns=""></soapenv:Fault>
</soapenv:Body>

This is the fault message that I got for division by zero. But here
getting the end tag for SOAP Body but no start tag..

Thanks & Regards
James
James Jose
Messaging Clients Team, WMQDDC
IBM Software Labs, India
Direct: 91-80- 25094331  Ext :2331
E-mail: jamejose@in.ibm.com

Mark Whitlock <mark_whitlock@uk.ibm.com>
14/03/2005 21:06
Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C Developers List"

axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Fw: Regarding addAnyObject and getAnyObject

Hi James,
My guess is you need to issue the methods in the same order as the
generated stubs (in pseudocode)....

try {
      Call::invoke
      Call::checkMessage      // steps over the message name
} catch (AxisException e) {
      Call::checkFault  // steps over the fault code, actor, etc
      Call::getAnyObject

If this still fails, please post your testcase and the relevant part of
your trace file,
Thanks,
Mark
Mark Whitlock,
IBM

----- Forwarded by Mark Whitlock/UK/IBM on 14/03/2005 15:27 -----

             James Jose
             <jamejose@in.ibm.

                                       "Apache AXIS C Developers List"
                                                                        cc

              "Apache AXIS C           Re: Fw: Regarding addAnyObject and
             Developers List"          getAnyObject

Hi Mark,

   > Have you tried getting a user soap fault using getAnyObject?

       When I tried to get a SOAP FAULT, it throwing AxisException and
getting following message-
"Cannot deserialize the requested element ".

Thanks & Regards
James
James Jose
Messaging Clients Team, WMQDDC
IBM Software Labs, India
Direct: 91-80- 25094331  Ext :2331
E-mail: jamejose@in.ibm.com

 Mark Whitlock
 <mark_whitlock@uk.ibm.com>

                                              axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org
 11/03/2005 19:56                                                       cc

                                                                   Subject

          Please respond to                   Fw: Regarding addAnyObject
   "Apache AXIS C Developers List"            and getAnyObject

Hi James,
Answering your questions..

1) passing NULL to addAnyObject() is an application error. Even if the
parameter that is being passed in is nil, it still needs to be encoded in
an XML string. I think it is reasonable to sigsegv here. I thought we were
not intending to police all parameters on all calls.
1) getAnyObject called before Call::invoke is also an application error.
There are no output parameters since the web service hasn't been called
yet. Axis could return NULL, or we could leave it throwing a sigsegv.
2) getAnyObject called more than twice. All these get methods (that return
output data from the service) are calling the XML parser to parse forwards
through the SOAP message. So calling getAnyObject twice will not return
the
same data. Here I think we should return NULL to say that there is no more
data to return, instead of throwing a sigsegv.
3) Call::checkMessage moves the XML parser forward, checking the name of
the response message. So getAnyObject expects that checkMessage has
already
been called. So calling getAnyObject before checkMessage is probably also
user error. But this is more subtle and not obvious. It would be better to
return NULL or throw an AxisException in this situation so returning a
better error message.

Have you tried getting a user soap fault using getAnyObject?

Please raise a JIRA to cover these issues,
Thanks,
Markl
Mark Whitlock
IBM

----- Forwarded by Mark Whitlock/UK/IBM on 11/03/2005 13:46 -----

            James Jose
            <jamejose@in.ibm.
                                      axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org
            11/03/2005 10:21                                           cc

                                                                  Subject
            Please respond to         Regarding addAnyObject and
             "Apache AXIS C           getAnyObject
            Developers List"

Hai,

  I am working on getAnyObject() and addAnyObject() APIs in Call class and
getting some
exceptions in following cases.

addAnyObject(AnyType *param)
----------------------------

1.if NULL is passed as argument.

getAnyObject()
--------------

1. If getAnyObject() is called before m_pCall->invoke() method.
2. If getAnyObject() is called more than  twice.
3. For the following code getting AxisException...

   if (AXIS_SUCCESS == m_pCall->invoke())
       {

               any= (AnyType*)m_pCall->getAnyObject();

               if(AXIS_SUCCESS == m_pCall->checkMessage("divResponse", "
http://localhost/axis/Calculator"))
               {

                       ------
               }