axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Dick <>
Subject Re: Samisa - please help me
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2005 17:23:41 GMT
Hi Samisa,

I've been delving deeper into this problem for Mark.
We've found that it was not that introduced the
problem, we have been able to determine it was an update made to
PlatformSpecificUnix.hpp, and was only seen when trace is enabled.
Apologies for wasting your time trying to find a fault in your code.

I have just backed out the change and AxisBench is now passing.
The same fix also resolves problems we're seeing with ExceptionTestDoc and
FaultMappingDoc, which I believe may be the same as the problem you report

Adrian Dick (

             Samisa Abeysinghe
                                       Apache AXIS C Developers List
             21/03/2005 09:49          <>
              "Apache AXIS C           Re: Samisa - please help me
             Developers List"

Hi Mark,
             Fortunately I had a backup of the file prior to making
changes. PFA.
             One of the problems of identifying the changes is because I
did some
indentation fixes. Sorry about that.
             I ran the test on Linux and Chinthana helped me to test this
Windows. On both platforms, with the changes in place, AxisBench client
does not crash. However, the output we get is different from the
formatting in the expected out file (but the outputs seem correct)
             When you say fail does it mean that it segfaults? Are there
any other
tests that segfault?

On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 17:27, Mark Whitlock wrote:
> Hi Samisa,
> I am investigating AxisBench failing on linux. It appears to fail when
> deleting the last (i=99) output BenchBasicDataType. This test succeeded
> the 14th March but failed on the 15th (and all builds subsequently). So I
> looked through all the changes that were made on the 14th and 15th March
> and I have eliminated all but your change to
> cpp/literal/ Unfortunately the file got formatted
> this change so it is hard to see exactly which lines you really changed.
> your JIRA comment you said you had to make large changes.
> I apologise if I am unfairly accusing your fix. I just need some help
> sorting this problem. I will try (privately) backing off your change and
> see if that fixes AxisBench but that may be difficult since code has been
> added since.
> Please could you help?
> Thanks,
> Mark