axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Samisa Abeysinghe" <SAbeysin...@virtusa.com>
Subject RE: backing up customised ant configuration
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2005 03:24:35 GMT
+1 for property based system. That is much clean.
What we could do is to improve the server side test scripts properties
more. (These improvements should ideally be done in 1.6)

Thanks,
Samisa...

-----Original Message-----
From: John Hawkins [mailto:hawkinsj@uk.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 7:42 PM
To: Apache AXIS C Developers List
Subject: Re: backing up customised ant configuration

+1 for using the current property based system where we can

Adrian Dick/UK/IBM@IBMGB
29/03/2005 14:26
Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C Developers List"
"Apache AXIS C Developers List" <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: backing up customised ant configuration

Hi,

This all sounds good.

I have few comments below on things that can be done for client-side
testing which can help avoid this problem.  I haven't (yet) tried the
server-side testing, so am uncertain if it can do the same.

Regards,
Adrian
_______________________________________
Adrian Dick (adrian.dick@uk.ibm.com)

"sanjaya singharage" <sanjayas@opensource.lk> wrote on 29/03/2005
13:38:19:

> A small ant script backupconf.xml is now created so that testers can
back-up
> and restore locally modified ant configurations. The targets are
backup
and
> restore.
>
> What is backed up is...
> 1. the server.wsdd.PLATFORM for the ant service framework
Are these not generated "on-the-fly" by the ant framework? As is done
when
testing client-side handlers.

> 2. build.PLATFORM.properties
An alternative is to use -Ddir.properties=<my dir with my version of
build.PLATFORM.properties>

> 3. The client side test XMLs
You can specify -Dtest.list=<location my test.list file> which is simply
test file with an entry for each desired <test>.xml to be used, instead
of
having to delete those you're currently not interested in.

> 4. The services XMLs
Perhaps a similar system could be used here as in step 3.