axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: 1.5 release dates
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 18:55:09 GMT
Can we separate the dists then and ship the client separately from the
server?

I wonder whether that'll cause even more confusion about versions #s etc..

Sanjiva.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Samisa Abeysinghe
  To: Apache AXIS C Developers List
  Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2005 2:22 PM
  Subject: RE: 1.5 release dates

  Looking at the pending 10 server side issues, about 5 are important and need fixing (as
far as I understand)

  However, more than the pending issues, what is critical is that we have not been testing
the server side as much as we had bee testing the client side.

  Hence, we got to test the server side thoroughly and my gut feel is that once we do, we
would most likely get to know more issues.

  I agree with John that this would require at least one month for the sever side to be "reliable".

  However, as far as client side is concerned, we have reached considerable amount of stability.

  So I would say that client side is ready for Final but server side is about beta.

  Thanks,

  Samisa.