axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Dick <>
Subject Re: Ant build question
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:09:30 GMT

All the various steps of the build are targets, so you can reasonably
specify any individual target within the scripts - however, be aware that
the default targets maybe setting up properties for those targets, in which
case you'll need to provide them at the command line.

As an aside - although the default ANT targets attempt to build everything
- it should only be doing delta builds (ie.  only build if source artefacts
have changed), the exception to this is when instrumenting with trace or
generating the C bindings - as the generation tool does not currently
support delta changes.

Adrian Dick (

Samisa Abeysinghe <> wrote on 17/02/2005

> Hi All,
>     Looks like that each time I run ant, it rebuilds the whole source.
>     This is time wasting, specially when I want to make a quick fix to
> the code and see if it works.
>     Any tips on how to make it do only those parts that were changed?
> Thanks,
> Samisa...

View raw message