axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Whitlock <mark_whitl...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Fw: Client samples doesn't build due to the method call "getFaultDetail(&pcDetail)"
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2005 09:56:02 GMT

Hi Roshan,
I'll fix this. Previously when a soap fault (defined in the wsdl) occurred
it was thrown as a service exception and the client had to extract the
fault information to work out which soap fault it was. I changed this so
that the complex type that is the soap fault is thrown. This simplifies the
client application since clients can have a separate catch for each soap
fault. This also simplifies memory management since the fault that is
thrown manages its own memory and doesn't contain a pointer to ISoapFault.
Apologies for breaking the sample,
Mark
Mark Whitlock
IBM

----- Forwarded by Mark Whitlock/UK/IBM on 17/02/2005 09:38 -----

             Roshan
             Weerasuriya
             <roshan@opensourc                                          To
             e.lk>                     axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org
                                                                        cc
             17/02/2005 09:32
                                                                   Subject
                                       Client samples doesn't build due to
             Please respond to         the method call
              "Apache AXIS C           "getFaultDetail(&pcDetail)"
             Developers List"

hi all,

The current CVS sample client(s) (eg: simple clinet i.e Calcualtor
client) doesn't build due to the following method call,
"ws.getFaultDetail(&pcDetail);". When  I check the Stub it doesn't have
such a method call. Certainly it builds when I comment this line. But I
would like to know who ever removed it, might have added a different way
to extract the error details. Can someone please comment on this.

//---code taken from Calculator client cvs....

int main() {
..

if (strcmp(op, "add") == 0)
             {