axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject IHeaderBlockTest3
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 13:50:58 GMT
Hi Folks,

this tests fails today. This test attempts to set the same attribute in a
headerblock element twice. this is not allowed. Today we do no checking to
see if it has already been set and thus we pass bad XMLfrom client to
server.

I'm not prepared to do the checking in the IHeaderBlock class to ensure
that it checks before sending the msg over the wire. When e.g WAS sees the
malformed message it returns back a good fault message saying what went
wrong. i.e. the server in this case is checking. I suggest we document to
the user what we have decided and then consider improving the object model
so that we centralise this sort of checking in a later release.

I'll do it now but any comments are welcome.

Not sure what to do about the test though. Can we remove it from the list
but kep the test as it is a valid test if we supplied that level of
function ?

regards,
John.