axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "sanjaya singharage" <sanja...@opensource.lk>
Subject 1.5 alpha status
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2005 14:53:24 GMT
Hi all,

We have been working on the release and have some issues. This time around
we wanted to use the ant test framework to ease the job of releasing, but
may be due to the first attempt we have encountered problems with some of
the tests. Therefore we have gone through the previous testing procedure as
well.
On linux however, we have not been able to use the ant test frame work and
have had to use the previous scripts to do the testing. Below is listed a
summary of the test results.

Please go through them and comment for the alpha release. In my opinion as
the C tests are failing to compile for us and will need these problems fixed
before we can release an alpha.

These tests were done with the "release1-5-alpha-cand1"  tag.
Axis 3 transport was used in testing.

1. We assumed that the C cilents under
ws-axis\c\tests\auto_build\testcases\client\c were meant to test the partial
C support for 1.5. But we were unable to compile any of the C tests because
of complaints of missing .h files (e.g. axis/SoapEnvVersions.h,
axis/server/AxisUserAPI.h. and in some cases complains about generated .h
files too)

2. Windows Testing

2.1 The ant test framework
(It was noted that many clients do not parse the arguments passed to them
and hence produced transport errors.
The failure for some of the tests could be that we are testing against axis
c++ while these tests were written for websphere/axis java)

-Handler tests PASS
- RPChttpheader tests PASS.
(RPC httpheader test clients aren't parsing arguments passed to the client.
so had to hand edit end point)
- Axis bench FAILS with AxisWsddException:Requested method is not allowed
- ComplexTypeAll (not sure how to implement web service.) when run FAILS
with AxisWsddException:Requested method is not allowed
-Enumeration FAILS with AxisWsddException:Requested method is not allowed
-RpcSoapHeaderTests 1,2,3,4,6,8,9,10 are successful with the port and
service name edited in the client.cpp
(RPC Soapheader test clients aren't parsing arguments passed to the client.
so had to hand edit end point)
-DynamicTest01 FAILS with AxisWsddException:Requested service not found
-Enumeration FAILS with AxisWsddException:Requested service not found
-Exceptiontest is PASSING
-ExceptiontestDoc is FAILING with AxisWsddException:Requested service not
found
-Faultmapping is PASSING
-FaultMappingDoc is FAILING with AxisWsddException:Requested service not
found
-inquire_v2 Client Compilation - FAILED
-Interoptestround1 PASSES
-InteropTestRound1Doc - Client Compilation - FAILED
-LargeReturningString serverside implementation not available
-ManyTypeRefRoot serverside implementation not available
-MathOps PASSES
-MathOpsDoc FAILS with AxisWsddException:Requested method is not allowed
-RecurseTypes serverside implementation not available
- SimpleArray - Client Compilation - FAILED
-SimpleArrayDoc FAILED with AxisWsddException:Requested method is not
allowed
-SimpleRef PASSES
-SimpleRefDoc FAILED with AxisWsddException:Requested method is not allowed
-SimpleTypeArrat FAILED with AxisWsddException:Requested method is not
allowed
-SimpleTypeInnerUnbounded serverside implementation not available
-SimpleTypeInnerUnboundedInOutput serverside implementation not available
-TestTransportTimeout serverside implementation not available

2.2 Manual testing using samples in ws-axis\c\samples and tests in
ws-axis\c\tests

samples
-Array, Groupb, Ref, rpcfault, calculator, handlers were SUCCESSFUL
-doclitfault - does not compile
tests
-Exception test, Fault mapping stubbase, uddi inquire are SUCCESSFUL

2.3 Simple Axis Server hangs and does not serve requests

3 Linux Testing
samples
-array, ref, calculator, groupb, mathops, doclitgroupb, doclitmathops,
doclitbase, sslclient, handlers are SUCCESSFUL
tests
-exception test, fault mapping, http-headers, soapheaders, stubtest,
threadsafe, uddi_inquire were SUCCESSFUL
-xsdanytest1, performance FAILED

3.1 Simple Axis Server hangs and does not serve requests

sanjaya.