axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa.abeysin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: regarding setMaintainSession()
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2005 02:04:47 GMT
Hi Manohar,
     setMaintainSession() can be used at client stub level to specify
if the client should keep  track of session or not with the server.
Wen I say session here, I mean the cookie based session, and not SOAP
header based session.

> At what point do we need to call this API in the client code ?
     Please have a look at samples/client/session/cookie/Client.cpp.
     I hope this will answer all the questions you have on the use of this API.

    You got to have a session sensitive service to test this. I have
used an increment service, where the server first sends 10, and
subsequenltly send 20, 30, 40 etc. for subsequest session sensitive
calls (i.e. calls made after setMaintainSession(true) being called on
stub.

    Please have a look at readme.txt on how to test this with Axis Java.

BTW, I was under the impression that API doc that I had done was
sufficient. My understanding is that this additional infomation should
go in a seperate doc, may be user guide, which we do not have
currently. Thoughts on this?

    Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

HTH.

Regards,
Samisa...