axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa.abeysin...@gmail.com>
Subject Error with MaxInclusive
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2005 02:16:20 GMT
Hi Adrian,
    I get the following error when I try to build the latest CVS on my system:
src/soap/xsd/UnsignedLong.cpp:47: error: integer
       [cc]    constant is too large for "long" type

Looking into the source I see the line
return new MaxInclusive((LONGLONG) 18446744073709551615);

I was wondering if the error is due to that the given Max Size is
platform dependent. (In other words, type longlong cannot deal with
such a large number on my system.)
I assume this becase, in C++, the range of values that a given basic
type can handle is platform (or machine) specific.
If this is the case, I propose that we move these values to platform
specific headers and define them as constants and use those in these
XSD classes.

[
FYI:
on my system: