axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Dick <adrian.d...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: ant build documentation
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2005 08:30:22 GMT

_______________________________________
Adrian Dick (adrian.dick@uk.ibm.com)

damitha kumarage <damitha@opensource.lk> wrote on 07/01/2005 08:05:39:

> Hi,
> I went through the documentation on ant build and I have following two
> remarks
>
> in the html documentation it ask to set
> AXISJAVA_LIBS. But in the build files it is searching AXISJAVA_LIB

This was a mistake I put when originally writing these instruction, I
thought I'd corrected it, but obviously not.  Are you able to make the
correction?

> It ask to set XERCES_HOME. But I suggest to have it as XERCESC_HOME
> because we know possibly XERCESJ_HOME could exist in the same system.

I'm very surprised that there would be a XERCESJ_HOME set.  It is very
uncommon for Java programs to use environment variables (aside from
CLASSPATH).  This variable has been in place for ~4months now and I've not
received any comments of a clash, or confusion, so I question whether it is
worth adjusting the scripts for little obvious benefit.