axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Perry2 <PERR...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: HTTPChannel.cpp exceptions
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2005 10:21:11 GMT
Unix equivalent is errno and strerror(). I thought that all this was in the
platfrom specific files already.

And +1 for checking return status/error code and perhaps retrying
connection. Although I think that there is a retry concept already in the
code. Can anyone confirm.

Regards,

Andrew Perry
IBM Web Services Client for C/C++
perryan@uk.ibm.com
Mail Point 127
IBM UK Laboratories. Hursley Park, Winchester, Hants. SO21 2JN
Tel. Internal 249828  External + 44 (0)1962 819828
Fax. + 44(0)1962 818080

             Fred
             Preston/UK/IBM@IB
             MGB                                                        To
                                       "Apache AXIS C Developers List"
                                                                        cc

              "Apache AXIS C           Re: HTTPChannel.cpp exceptions
             Developers List"

Hi John,
      If the channel fails at any stage, it should throw an exception
because something unrecoverable is happening (on Windows we can use
GetLastError() to find out what's happening - but I don't know if that is a
standard C method (I see John has done something with this [GetLastError]
in HTTPChannel)).  I'll go through the Axis3 code and change where
appropriate.  At the moment, if there is an error in channel read/write the
channel does not close.  Perhaps by using the error reported by
GetLastError we can make a decision on the severity of the error before
just blindly closing the channel and throwing an exception.  Any thoughts?

Regards,

Fred Preston.

                      John

                      Hawkins/UK/IBM@IB        To:
axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org

                      MGB                      cc:

                                               Subject:  HTTPChannel.cpp
exceptions
                      28/01/05 08:59

                      Please respond to

                      "Apache AXIS C

                      Developers List"

Hi Samisa,Fred,

when looking at the HTTPChannel yesterday I saw in openChannel sometimes we
throw an exception and sometimes we just return a boolean - for the same
evnt i.e. failng to open the channel. Did you mean this or should I change
them all to throw an exception?

John Hawkins