axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Whitlock <mark_whitl...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Fw: Axis c++ 1.5 release plan (draft 2)
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:10:08 GMT

Hi,
The C support consists of....
1) The dynamic client API including generating headers from the C++ headers
2) The generated stubs including changes to wsdl2ws
3) Tests
4) Samples
5) Documentation
6) C services
7) C handlers

I am not able to complete this in 1.5. Currently the C headers are all
generated from the C++ headers during the ant build. This ensures that the
C API is always kept in step with the C++ API. I definitely expect to get
simple client applications working (such as Calculator) using generated
stubs. I will not be able implement support for C services and handlers in
1.5. I am unsure how far I will get supporting client C applications that
use complex types, arrays, etc. I hope to continue working on this in
future releases (1.6?).
Mark
Mark Whitlock
IBM

----- Forwarded by Mark Whitlock/UK/IBM on 19/01/2005 11:04 -----

             "sanjaya
             singharage"
             <sanjayas@opensou                                          To
             rce.lk>                   "Apache AXIS C Developers List"
                                       <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>
             19/01/2005 10:41                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: Axis c++ 1.5 release plan
              "Apache AXIS C           (draft 2)
             Developers List"

(Second draft of the release plan.)

Hi all,
I would like to volunteer to be the release manager for the Axis C++ 1.5
release.

A draft Release Plan is presented below using the current items found in
the wiki at http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/AxisC_2b_2b/ToDo1.5 .
Please update the wiki of any more items that are applicable to the 1.5
release that developers are working on.

Also we need to decide on dates for code freeze etc. and release dates at
the bottom.
Please comment.

This is the release plan (draft) for Axis C++ version 1.5. Given below is a
snapshot
of all the changes for 1.5 since the 1.4 version.

 Changes from 1.4 to 1.5:

   1. C support - http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXISCPP-210
   2. Memory clean-up and fix -
      http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXISCPP-149
   3. Improve HTTP Support -
      http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXISCPP-176
   4. Improvement of Web Site

      a.Web-site should be made more or less like Axis-Java website for
      ease of use

      b.More user oriented and less developer oriented
   5. Fault mapping (stub level)
   6. Add support for xsd:any type
   7. Ability to add custom headers
   8. "100 Continue" support in axis2 transport
      http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXISCPP-311
   9. Proxy support for axis2 transport
      http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXISCPP-325
   10.      Numerous memory leak fixes

Details on these features could be found on JIRA and the AxisCpp TODO wiki
page at http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/AxisC_2b_2b/ToDo1.5

 Release Criteria:

     - Functional tests pass
     - Test on installation procedures
     - Test on different versions of Apache web server(1.3.xx, 2.0.xx)
     - Test samples on different platforms (Linux, Microsoft Windows)
     - Fix  blockers and most critical bugs that applies to 1.4

 Dates:

 The following are the proposed dates for the release, opinions please:
     Code freeze                      January 25, 2005 ??
     Release alpha version        January 28, 2005 ??
     Release beta version         ??
     Release 1.4                      February 28, 2005 ??

sanjaya.