axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Perry2 <PERR...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject IHandlerSoapSerializer->getHeaderBlock()
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2005 16:14:33 GMT

I'm writing function tests for all the handler and related APIs and was
wondering what the IHandlerSoapSerializer->getHeaderBlock() API is meant to
do. This is the method with no parameters.

2 problems.

1) If it is called before getFirstHeaderBlock() is called the
handler/client just crashes without an exception (SIGSEGV). Should just
return NULL.

2) If getFirstHeaderBlock() has been called and any number of
getNextHeaderBlock() calls have been made, getHeaderBlock() always returns
the first header block, but doesn't reposition in the list like
getFirstHeaderBlock() does. So what's the point of getHeaderBlock()? Can it
be removed?

If there is a point to keeping it then I'll raise a jira about problem 1.

Comments please.

Regards,

Andrew Perry
IBM C/C++ Web Services Client
perryan@uk.ibm.com
Mail Point 127
IBM UK Laboratories. Hursley Park, Winchester, Hants. SO21 2JN
Tel. Internal 249828  External + 44 (0)1962 819828
Fax. + 44(0)1962 818080