axis-c-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Using xerces-c_2_6.dll instead of xerces-c_2_2_0.dll
Date Sun, 23 Jan 2005 21:22:19 GMT
Hi Vince,

re xerces version: I see no reason why you can't at least try to use the 
later version of xerces. Not sure what you mean when you say it "asks". 
Perhaps you mean that you get a library load error when loading the parser 
library. If so then that it because the libs on the web pages are built 
using the particular version of xerces. If you wanted to change that *I 
think* you would need to recompile the XMLParser library using your 
version of xerces because this dependency is put in at XMLParser compile 
time. As a hack you could rename your xerces libs to whatever the code is 
looking for.

Perhaps someone out there knows how to not have this kind of dependency? 
Perhaps we should make sure that we actually compile against 
xerces.0.0.0.so and then the user can set up soft links to the version 
they want ?

fyi: If you don't specify the AXISCPP_DEPLOY then you get the stdio 
warning that you saw however, it then looks down your library path 
(whatever that is on your platform) for the libraries having taken the 
default names Roshan mentioned below.
We put this warning out because so many people were missing out the 
AXISCPP_DEPLOY env variable that we had to do something to make people 
aware that they might have an issue..



John Hawkins





Roshan Weerasuriya <roshan@opensource.lk> 
23/01/2005 07:06
Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C Developers List"


To
Apache AXIS C Developers List <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Using xerces-c_2_6.dll instead of xerces-c_2_2_0.dll






hi Vince,

>Also where do u put the axiscpp.conf file for using the webservice
>client.

You need the following if you use only the Axis C++ client.

The "axiscpp.conf" has to be in the path where your AXISCPP_DEPLOY
enviroment points. And the "axiscpp.conf" needs to have the following
entries and make sure you have the dll's (or so's in linux) which those
entries point in correct places: (I am not sure which o/s you are
working on but, For ex: in my linux mechine I have:)

ClientLogPath:/usr/local/axiscpp_deploy/log/AxisClientLog
XMLParser:/usr/local/axiscpp_deploy/lib/libaxis_xmlparser.so
Transport_http:/usr/local/axiscpp_deploy/lib/libaxis2_transport.so

or In windows:

ClientLogPath:d:\myfolder\AxisClientLog
XMLParser:d:\myfolder\AxisXMLParser.dll
Transport_http:d:\myfolder\AxisTransport2.dll

You will need the following dll's (or so's if you are in linux) in your
mechine.
 - AxisXMLParser.dll
 - AxisTransport2.dll

Hope this might help you..

The available guide doesn't seperately specify how to use only the Axis
C++ client. We have to add it....

Roshan


On Sun, 2005-01-23 at 07:44, Jairam, Roopnaraine wrote:
> I was wondering can I use xerces-c_2_6 with the lastest apache axis c.
> It is always asking me for xerces-c_2_2_0.dll I would like to use 2.6.
> Also where do u put the axiscpp.conf file for using the webservice
> client. I built my client code to call the webservice and stuck the
> axiscpp.conf in the same directory as the binary but it always gives
> me the following Warning - The configuration file was not found
> (/axiscpp.conf).
> 
> Appreciate any help.
> 
> Vince.



Mime
View raw message