axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From James Jose <jamej...@in.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Regarding IHeaderBlock and IAttribute APIs
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 13:32:33 GMT
Hi

  By duplication I mean it adding twice. For eg if I use createAttribute()
 twice with same arguments, it will create two attributes with same
name.This is wrong because we cannot have two attribute with same name in
one element.

If I pass empty string in setLocalName() then it will create a SOAP
message without  element name. ie SOAP message become an invalid XML file.

Passing NULL- Almost all API in IHeaderBlock & IAttribute class will
result in Exception

Regards
James
James Jose
Messaging Clients Team, WMQDDC
IBM Software Labs, India
Direct: 91-80- 25094331  Ext :2331
E-mail: jamejose@in.ibm.com

Andrew Perry2 <PERRYAN@uk.ibm.com>
04/01/2005 18:42
Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C Developers List"

"Apache AXIS C Developers List" <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>
cc
axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject
Re: Regarding IHeaderBlock and IAttribute APIs

Hi James,

Just clarifying that you are working on the fuctional tests for testing
the
IHeaderBlock and IAttribute APIs and not the actual API code.
Also,

>  1.APIs are not checking for duplication (namespace prefix,Attribute
name)
What is meant by duplication? What is the result? Does it overwrite or add
twice, and is this a problem?

>  2.APIs are not checking whether arguments are empty string or string
that contains only spaces
What happens when an empty argument is passed?

>  3.If NULL is passed as argument in API call then some exception has
occured.
Which APIs? This is a bug, raise a Jira.

Regards,

Andrew Perry
IBM C/C++ Web Services Client
perryan@uk.ibm.com
Mail Point 127
IBM UK Laboratories. Hursley Park, Winchester, Hants. SO21 2JN
Tel. Internal 249828  External + 44 (0)1962 819828
Fax. + 44(0)1962 818080