axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: SoapSerialiser
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2005 08:14:56 GMT
Anyone got an opinion on removal of these methods - or how come they're in
this state?

John Hawkins

Andrew Perry2/UK/IBM@IBMGB
14/01/2005 16:10
Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C Developers List"

"Apache AXIS C Developers List" <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>
cc
"Apache AXIS C Developers List" <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>
Subject
Re: SoapSerialiser

The same seems to be true for IHandlerSoapDeSerializer

    virtual xsd__hexBinary AXISCALL getBodyAsHexBinary()=0;
    virtual xsd__base64Binary AXISCALL getBodyAsBase64Binary()=0;
    virtual AxisChar* AXISCALL getBodyAsChar()=0;

These are only partially implemented or not implemented and should be
removed from the public API until the implementation is complete.

The getBodyAsChar() method also has a malloc() in it which shouldn't be
used. For memory allocation news should be used. This method seems to be
'in progress' and not finished.

Regards,

Andrew Perry
IBM Web Services Client for C/C++
perryan@uk.ibm.com
Mail Point 127
IBM UK Laboratories. Hursley Park, Winchester, Hants. SO21 2JN
Tel. Internal 249828  External + 44 (0)1962 819828
Fax. + 44(0)1962 818080