axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Fred Preston <PREST...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: HTTPChannel.cpp exceptions
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2005 09:55:15 GMT

Hi John,
      If the channel fails at any stage, it should throw an exception
because something unrecoverable is happening (on Windows we can use
GetLastError() to find out what's happening - but I don't know if that is a
standard C method (I see John has done something with this [GetLastError]
in HTTPChannel)).  I'll go through the Axis3 code and change where
appropriate.  At the moment, if there is an error in channel read/write the
channel does not close.  Perhaps by using the error reported by
GetLastError we can make a decision on the severity of the error before
just blindly closing the channel and throwing an exception.  Any thoughts?

Regards,

Fred Preston.

                      John

                      Hawkins/UK/IBM@IB        To:       axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org

                      MGB                      cc:

                                               Subject:  HTTPChannel.cpp exceptions

                      28/01/05 08:59

                      Please respond to

                      "Apache AXIS C

                      Developers List"

Hi Samisa,Fred,

when looking at the HTTPChannel yesterday I saw in openChannel sometimes we
throw an exception and sometimes we just return a boolean - for the same
evnt i.e. failng to open the channel. Did you mean this or should I change
them all to throw an exception?

John Hawkins