axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Blecken" <cblec...@macrovision.com>
Subject RE: Axis c++ 1.5 release plan (draft 4)
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2005 06:49:14 GMT
Quick status update :

I wasn't able to test sufficiently the code generation changes, so I
did not commit them (i'm having problems with the testing framework
but that's a different story).

The changes to the serializer have been committed last week. These
changes should not break the existing stubs since they mostly add
new method overloads with prefixes for the serializer that miss them.

I will try to get the code generation changes into the beta time frame
and was hoping that it was ok to leave the serializer changes in there.

Carsten

-----Original Message-----
From: Carsten Blecken
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 8:46 AM
To: Apache AXIS C Developers List; Samisa Abeysinghe
Subject: RE: Axis c++ 1.5 release plan (draft 4)

Sorry for the mess everybody - I assumed friday to be the last day (my mistake).

In terms of things already committed : These are changes to the serializer which
add namespace and/or namespace prefixes to various methods. They are overloaded
methods to keep backward compatibility with current stubs. So I would say the
risk is not too big. There was also some refactoring being done, but I did some
testing on the changes.

The part where I need more time are the stub/skeleton generator (which employ the
new methods) and the testing involved with it.
Maybe I should hold off the generator changes until after alpha, since I consider
them higher risk?

In terms of importance: Our current wsdl's break due to the lack of namespace
prefixing. Almost all more complicated doc lit wsdl's will have issues here when
they have data type nesting and arrays.

Carsten